Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Washi Tape Storage Ideas: What works for me!

I am going to be starting a new regular feature here on the blog about storage.  I have been at this hobby for about 9 years now and I have played with storage from keeping it all in one small suitcase to a big room all to myself.  I am constantly rearranging trying to find new things that work!  Once I'm happy it stays that way...so on Wednesdays that I don't have a design team commitment you can find some fresh storage ideas!  I don't spend a lot of money on storage (I'd rather spend it on supplies) and usually hit garage sales as much as I can.  But if something has stumped me for awhile I'm willing to spend a little to make it work!  Today I spent a little...but it totally works!  I am kicking it off with one that I have been searching for a better way on for a while!!!  Washi Tape!

Here is what I have come up with that I am loving!
This is a mug hanger from Ikea.  I believe it was $5.99 - if I'm wrong then it was less than that.  I also looked at using a plate rack - similar in style but with less stands.  I opted for this because it had a lot of stands!  As you can see I have arranged them pretty much by color with the exception of the multi-colored tapes :).

Now what else have I tried????
I tried hanging a tension rod and putting them on that.
Why that didn't work:  I want to get my washi tape down and in my hands!  I ran out of room long before I had all my tape on it.

I tried putting them all in a box on top of my desk (not neatly arranged or anything...just tossed in).
Why that didn't work:  They were forever getting buried and were out of sight (thus out of mind)

I tried nicely lining them up in a 12 X 12 box.
Why that didn't work: Who has room for a 12 X 12 box on their desk??? Again the out of sight, out of mind thing!

Why this works?
1-I can see exactly what i have and what I NEED more of!
2- It's pretty and let's be honest, we're crafters, that matters!
3- I don't have to sort for that one red roll, it's right there easy to grab

What do you think?  Do you have a brilliant way to store washi tape???? I'd love to have you link me up with it in the comments or on my facebook page!






1 comment:

Lisa P said...

I like! I am redoing my scrap room soon and I may try this if I have enough shelf room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...