Sunday, July 22, 2012

Quick Quotes Family Canvas

Hi Quick Quotes fans, Christine back with you today to highlight some more of the Stowaway line and some of the great canvas Quick Quotes offers.


I think for beginners canvas can be an intimidating medium.  I am a beginner so I did a lot of thinking and planning before I began this project.  I decided the first thing I would do is to create my background using some of the Powder Puff Inks.  Since Stowaway is full of blues I decided to mix and combine and layer blues until I got a match I was happy with!  I used a combination of Blue Moon, Tahiti, and Blue Hawaiian inks and had a blast experimenting.  One thing I found that made it easier was applying it with a sponge rather than the direct method...it allowed me a little more control over the blending.

I used pieces of patterned paper from the Stowaway line for my next layer, to cover my M, and mat my photo and vellum saying.  To break up all the blues I used brown patterned paper and tags.

I added a new Family Vellum Strip to describe the picture and embellished the whole thing with flourishes, flowers, and ribbon.  It was fun to play around and see where things worked and where they didn't and now I have a beautiful piece of art to add to our home!

Items Used:
Family Vellum Strip
Powder Puff Inks in Blue Hawaiian, Blue Moon, Tahiti, and Mocha
Stowaway
Beacon 3 in 1 glue
Brown Grossgrain Ribbon
Maya Road Flower
Craft Supply Chipboard, Flowers, and Flourishes




2 comments:

Cathy said...

Love this! I love the M..super clever idea for a canvas!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Oooo...that is so cool, Christine! I love how you integrated the tags. The groups of flowers are so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...