Thursday, September 1, 2016

DIY Framed Burlap Cross

We've recently moved into a new home and burlap is one of my main accents in my decorating scheme. When I saw that SRM was releasing some new burlap ribbons, I was very excited! I am up on their blog today with a simple DIY burlap cross that you can make with just a few simple supplies!

First off you need a frame of some sort - I pulled an old oval shaped one that I was no longer using but rectangle of any sort would also work great! Don't have one laying around - hit up a yard sale or a thrift store - this is a fun time to upcycle!  I took my sandpaper to it and distressed it like crazy.

Attach the Wired Burlap Ribbon both verically and horizontally (I used hot glue to attach mine).  Then criss cross the the center using White Jute - tie the knots tight in the back and do another round if you want a little more to it.  And that's it - super simple but a beautiful addition to any cross loving home!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...