Thursday, May 26, 2016

Big Changes

I have been a little quiet here lately and thought I'd share why.  In April my husband received a call to serve a congregation in Central Ohio.  After prayerful deliberation he felt the Lord was leading him to accept it.  So after eight wonderful years in Central Illinois we are packing up our family to move. When I started dating my husband he was a Pre-Seminary Student so I always knew that divine calls and moving would be part of our life together.  We are very excited for this new adventure and also sad as we say our goodbyes.

Our kids took the news as you would expect.  The older two were sad but also have been very open to God's hand and knowing that this is what he has planned for our life.    They had their last day of school yesterday and things got even more real for all of us.


With this move comes a big change for our family.  We will once again be homeowners!  We chose a home in a smaller town to help make the adjustment a little easier on the whole group (we currently live in a town of about 100).  The house is about the same size as our parsonage but a completely different set-up so we have been doing lots of purging!

We will have our last Sunday here on June 12th and be completely moved out on the 15th.  

As you can imagine that means paper crafting has taken a back seat.  I am continuing to do my Social Media and Design Team Coordinator positions with My Creative Scrapbook and Paper House Productions.  And I am actually trying to keep up with my deadlines for Doodlebug Design, My Creative Scrapbook, SRM Stickers, and Paper House Productions.  I know I won't sit down and relax otherwise and those deadlines ensure I will take some "me" time.  I am not getting anything done beyond that though and don't foresee that happening before July.  So in the meantime the blog will be a little sparse - but you know I will be back - we've already got a designated Scrapbooking Room in the new house!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for your family as you follow God's lead.

Mary Holshouser said...

Best wishes for a happy life in a new environment.
I know it will be hard to leave your current home but
you don't know what wonderful things await you in the
new home.
take care. Good luck with purging and moving.
I just purged some things last month - now I need
them for a project. Never can win.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Thanks for the update! I don't know how you manage it all... You are amazing! Best wishes for a good move and a smooth transition. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...