Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Paper House Productions - Blossom Cards

Recently I had the chance to look up close at more Paper House Productions paper pads.  One of them that really caught my eye was the Blossom pad.  It is 6 X 6 so it is ideal for cards.  I have mentioned before that my card style tends to dabble in a variety of styles.  Sometimes clean, sometimes graphic, sometimes artsy and romantic.  Today I dabbled on the more layered and romantic side of things.  Have I said how much I love to just play :)?  One of my goals for these cards was to use some of the exact same supplies to produce a different result.  You will notice both cards have several of the same embellishments.

I have noticed that stems/vines trending...and that was my jumping off point for these cards.  I cut several out on my Silhouette Cameo.  The background paper on this card is the number one reason I bought this pad.  I just love it!  I cut it into diagonal strips to add some interest.  I then fussy cut the pink mum out and added that to the corner.  I also fussy cut the sentiment.  My final step was figuring out what to add to the top corner.  I tried big ribbon bows and they just didn't work...they were overwhelming the whole card.  I finally decided on a little vellum banner with a twine bow and clothespin.  


My second card is way more basic (although it may not look that way).  The entire background is one sheet of paper that is made up of rows of springy, blossomy designs.  I knew I wanted to keep that as is!  I then fussy cut a frame from the Generations Paper Pad (another favorite of mine).  I mounted the sentiment onto white cardstock and popped it up with dimensional adhesive.  The same die cut stem, clothespin, and twine adorn the frame topped with some 3D stickers.

Supplies Used: 
Patterned Paper: Paper House Productions
Stickers: Paper House Productions
Twine: The Twinery
Clothespins: American Crafts

2 comments:

ALINE said...

Beautiful cards!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Can't sleep, so came by to say Congrats on Leaky Shed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...