Sunday, August 4, 2013

First Timer and Loving It

Back today with a fairly clean and simple layout filled with lots of doodling.  Doodling is one of my favorite go to techniques!  This layout focuses on my Lucy's first time fishing last summer in Oklahoma.
I created the wave background with my silhouette, adding strips of pattered paper behind the middle rows.  I felt that it was still a little too plain so I decided then to use some SRM Stickers to fill in some holes and then doodle - adding in lines and outlines.  Because of all the patterns I knew I didn't need to embellish too much - so I just added some sequins and a few fish stickers.  I went with black stickers for dimension and boldness.  I love a title that pops!  Lastly I felt like the outside of the layout needed something so I added some scallop doodling and then colored in random scallops.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Pebbles
Black Pen: Uniball Signo
Stickers: SRM Stickers, Echo Park, American Crafts

2 comments:

Lisa P said...

Loving the doodling. What a cool page. I like that you outlined and set off the black and white with the patterned papers.

Cathy said...

this is an amazing page, love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...