Thursday, December 15, 2011

Altered Charger Plate

If you are anything like me, you are running a little short on time during this busy season.  I direct a children's Christmas musical and that has eaten away at a lot of my crafty time!  I needed a quick gift that still had that "wow" factor.  Sometimes I am just amazed with what you can do with papercrafting supplies and other items you have on hand.  I had purchased a couple of charger plates to have on hand and decided to decorate one of those and make it into a cute winter decoration.  I went with a red plate and used silver letters from Momenta and snowflake stickers also from Momenta.  I measured carefully to make sure my letters were straight and even (quite a task on a circle!) and after placing those on added the snowflakes and gems randomly throughout.  To get started I followed the triangle rule of design and did my big snowflakes in a couple triangles first, then from there it was completely random.  
Found out yesterday that Cards Magazine is going to publish THREE of my cards in their May issue!  Woohoo!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...