Sunday, October 2, 2011

Using Food Coloring

This month we did Food Coloring for our Frugal Finds on Practical Scrappers.  I was a total skeptic but Kerri and Erin wanted to do it.  Trusting their brilliance, I agreed to give it a whirl.  They came up with amazing stuff...you should check it out!  I made a marbled paper for mine using the technique described here.

  I've been itching to use the Glitz Design Rub On that made the music background.  The other thing I did on this that was new is that I rolled up a piece of brown paper and used it for my little accent underneath the sentiment.  It adds a different look to things just by using a little piece of scratch paper.

I've really come to love this regular feature on Practical Scrappers.  Even when it completely takes me out of my comfort zone.  It's fun to work with a medium that is not the norm!

Supplies Used: Glitz Design Rub On, Bazill Cardstock, Close to My Heart Sentiment, The Twinery Bakers Twine, Martha Stewart Punch, Sizzix Die

1 comment:

Jocelyn Olson said...

Food coloring? That is just brilliant. Thanks for the link--I'm going to have to check it out. Your card is GORGEOUS!! Love the background and the sweet butterfly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...