Friday, July 8, 2011

It's my turn up on Creative Charms blog.  I really wanted to do a layout this time and I had this idea in my head - I was really pleased with how it came together.  Believe it or not it didn't take a crazy amount of time - I got it done during Cooper's two quick naps today!  

Creative Charms has such great variety available for color choices in all sorts of embellishments.  For my project today I set out to showcase that variety.  Rainbows are all over the place in papercrafting now, so of course I wanted to get in on the action!   I created my rainbow using all old scraps of paper.  I pulled out three or four of each color and just started tearing and placing them where I wanted them.  After I placed my picture and title down I pulled out my pile of Creative Charms goodies.  I started by picking one bigger flower in each color and putting those down on the rainbow.  I then added gradient gems in various sizes.  I love the variety of dimension all the fun Creative Charms goodies added.  This was also a great way to use up some of those packs of flowers that I had just one or two left of!  I have to mention that I used my last yellow Groovy Petal - originally looking at those I wasn't sure how much I would use them.  But they match so many manufacturer papers out there and it has a unique look it's been the easiest to use and become a favorite of mine!  I've actually just used them recently on a Nikki Sivils project and an Authentique project.

I love this picture of Lucy - it shows off her pretty dark eyes and one of her more serious looks.  

Supplies Used:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...