Monday, December 11, 2017

Buffalo Plaid Shaker Card

Do you love the look of Shaker Cards but find them a little intimidating to make?  I always thought they would be really challenging.  BUT once I discovered the Keepsake Envelopes from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, the creation of Shaker Cards got a lot easier.  Today I am going to show you how I created a simple Buffalo Plaid Shaker Card featuring Keepsake Envelopes.
Buffalo Plaid Shaker Card Featuring Keepsake Envelopes
I knew I wanted to keep things simple with a white background because I wated to be able to incorporate the trendy Buffalo Plaid patterned paper I had on hand.

I started things off by adding white cardstock into this envelope. It's the biggest envelope in the pack measuring 5 inches X 4.6 inches.  I then added sequins into it.  I did spend some time debating whether to use a patterned paper in lieu of white.  Ultimately I thought that would make things too busy so I stuck with white.

I cut out a 5 inch by 5 inch frame and used my E-Z Runner® to secure that to the front of the Keepsake Envelope.  Next I peeled the adhesive backing off of the Keepsake Envelope and adhered it to black cardstock.  I cut the black cardstock to be a 5 1/4 inch square so it would act as a mat for the shaker.


Following that I pulled out my Crafty Foam Tape and used it on the perimeter and center of my black cardstock. I attached that to the base of my card which was already covered in the same Buffalo Plaid patterned paper. Although I thought it might not work to have them up against each other, I actually like how unique it looks!


Lastly I added embellishments - a sticker sentiment and a couple stickers along with a ribbon bow.  I secured the ribbon with a couple of Dodz Adhesive Dots Mini  to make sure it would stay in place.
Thanks so much for joining me today.  Click on any of the Affiliate Thumbnails below to check out the supplies!  Thanks for your support!



1 comment:

Jean said...

This is just darling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...