Sunday, January 27, 2013

Valentine Canvas

Oh I am so so excited to share one of my most recent design team projects with you!    I had the idea in my mind to create a Valentine canvas for my kids that could have a pocket on it and I could put treats in it.  When SRM Stickers released their new Glassine Bags and The Scrapbooking Studio had them on hand...it got the wheels spinning!  This is the most fun I have ever had creating an altered project!


Do you see it?  That lovely, fun, glassine bag that I just turned into a heart!  And bonus - it is filled up with suckers!

Yum!  As you can see I also ran the glassine bag thru my Cuttlebug to emboss it.

Here's what it looks like without the suckers...so many fun goodies could fit in here!  Pixie sticks, candy sticks, fun straws, smarties...again, YUM!  And how about the gorgeous stickers from SRM Stickers and Echo Park!  The paper is from the "Love Story" line by Echo Park.  Now how about some pictures to show you how I turned a rectangle bag into a heart and still kept it usable.


 First you need to fold over the bottom corners to create an angled bottom.  The angle starts about half way down the bag. The folds should be onto the backside of your bag.

This is what it looks like from the front.

 The you will lightly fold it in half, don't crease it or do anything permanent. You just need this for your guideline.

 Then trim the top part to look like half a heart.  

Unfold and Voila!  You have a usable glassine bag that now looks like a heart.  Because I attached mine to a canvas I didn't worry about how the back looked.  If you want the back of yours to be seen you could use some cute washi tape over the folds and it would work fabulously!

Thanks for popping by to see this fun project!

2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

So clever, so cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooo clever!! I loveeeeeeeeee that heart and how you filled it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...