Friday, February 10, 2012

Boys Rule Kit Club Guest Designer

I have the honor of doing some guest designing for the Boys Rule Kit Club this month!  Laura Lee does an awesome job of putting together kits that are made for those of us with boys.  I love that I can zone in on Timmy and Cooper and there's not a flower in site!  Here's my first creation that I have to share with you.  It features a lot of gorgeous My Minds Eye Kraft paper!  It also features some of the Tim Holtz kraft core cardstock.  Included in the kit are several die cut stars and a little sander.  I haven't used any of this cardstock before, so this was a real treat!  

This layout is all about my oldest son's baseball season last year.  He played for the "Muckdogs" weird name, I know...it's named after a minor league baseball team.  I love that I was able to squeeze five photos on.  I was inspired by the ledger lines on the paper and that's where my thought process began on this.  I wanted to squeeze photos into those and give it an interesting vertical feel.  I matted my photos in black because I felt like it was needed on this layout.  I also did a lot of black doodling to outline various embellishments on here.  I added little pennants underneath each photo in coordinating patterned papers - I like that it adds to the sport feel.  Finally I added my journalling at the tippy top - ledger lines made that super easy!

If you've got boys, I encourage you to check out Boys Rule!  I'll be back again soon with more projects to share from them!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

This is awesome! Great job! Hope you have fallen in love with the core card stock, it is my fave!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

I love this layout! I found it on Pinterest and as soon as I saw it I knew it was yours...so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...