Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cupcake Wrappers

I thought it would be fun to create some cute cupcake wrappers out of some of my favorite paper from Jillibean Soup.  This was a first attempt for me and I'm very pleased with how they turned out!  For each cupcake I made a different handmade flower.  The wrappers are either trimmed with scallop scissors or fringe scissors at the top.  I made six and it was too much to take one picture of and do them justice.  So here's individual pics of each one.  I'm also linking you to tutorials for the flowers when possible!


Star Flower Cupcake

Fringe Flower Cupcake
Don't you love when you've created a project and taken a million pictures and then you let your kids eat it...only to realize that your handle was a little crooked...oh well!  I guess it's good I don't feed my children too many papercrafting projects (:

Christine original flower cupcake (:.  I taught this one at my card workshop the other night.  It's four layers of a 2" scallop.  Use a scissors to slit for each petal and connect with a brad.  Then pull the petals up and down to give them lots of dimension.  

EK Success Flower Punch Cupcake

Folded Scallop Punch Flower Cupcake

I used the Pasta Fagioli line from Jillibean along with some of their rick rack and Kraft paper.  

3 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a cute project .. and I bet it was tasty, too! Isn't it fun to create something just a litle different for a change?

Unknown said...

Clare wanted to know 'Where's the picture of us almost eating them?...like this...' - and then she would act out how they had them in their mouths but weren't biting down. :) so fun. And SUPER cute!

Catherine Schroeder said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking up my card! These are so cute!!!! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...