Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Practical Scrappers is having an online crop this weekend hosted by Kerri. I have never done one before. Being the site owner I'm not out to win anything - but did want to contribute to the fun as I could. This layout is for the Black Friday or Bling challenge...I used stickles like crazy on this thing - all over the flourish, the journaling spot, and the flowers! The Cute title also has glitter in it. The pictures are of Lucy last fall and this fall - it's shocking how much she's grown up when you look at it this way!
Monday, November 16, 2009
I did this for the acrylic paint challenge at Practical Scrappers. I dry brushed the background squares and made the border with a pencil eraser and paint. I didn't use my cricut at all on this one, very unusual! I got to open up and use my circle frame chipboard from CTMH - I can not get enough of their frames!
Monday, November 9, 2009
The challenge this week at Practical Scrappers is to use white core or color core cardstock. I went with white core for my first project. I love this layout because I used tulle for the first time and homemade dew drops for the first time. There's something thrilling about using a new embelli for the first time!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
I loved this idea...weaving ribbon using lots of it. But I am just not over the moon about this layout. And that's okay - we can not be thrilled about everything we do! I did use up lots of ribbon, tried a new inking approach, and got to use my Mom's lyrical letters cartridge!
Monday, November 2, 2009
1. Where is your cell phone? purse
2. Your hair? long right now and I am contemplating a cut
3. Your mother? visiting us yay!
4. Your father? hard worker
5. Your favorite food? ice cream
6. Your dream last night? nothing I can remember
7. Your favorite drink? Dr. Pepper
8. Your dream/goal? In high school I said I wanted to be a wife, mom, and servant of God. All of those dreams have come true!
9. What room are you in? I'm in my car
10. Your hobby? scrapbooking
11. Your fear? another miscarriage
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? hopefully still in the same house in Illinois happily raising my children
13. Where were you last night? helping at a church fundraiser
14. Something that you aren't? perfect
15. Muffins? pumpkin
16. Wish list item? a nice trip to celebrate our 10th anniversary and a new couch
17. Where did you grow up? California
18. Last thing you did? work on practical scrappers
19. What are you wearing? jeans & a sweater
20. Your TV? on too much :)
21. Your Pets? two dogs Leah (beagle) & Mickey (brittany)
22. Friends? precious
23. Your life? too busy but full of blessings
24. Your mood? content
25. Missing Someone? today's not a good day to ask :(
26. vehicle? Montana
27. Something your not wearing? earrings
28. Your favorite store? Archivers...even though it can be way too expensive it is inspiring
29. Your favorite color? red
30. When was the last time you laughed? at Lucy this morning
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
32. Your best friend? Ben, Wendy, mom
33. One place that I go to over and over? Casey's to get a fountain drink
34. Facebook? love it
35. Favorite place to eat? I love a lot of places - let's say Ted Drewes for ice cream!
I made this layout with an idea in my mind and it went a whole different direction. The stickers are from Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I cuttlebugged the squares in the background. The ribbons are all from Hobby Lobby too. I love this fall picture of me and kiddos...how about that for scrapping a pic that isn't even two weeks old!?!